Stoneware tiles with stenciled details; wrought iron railings casting scrolled shadows. Solférino Metro station, opened in 1910, has decorative details typical of the Nord-Sud company (or Société du chemin de fer électrique souterrain Nord-Sud de Paris).

 

 

In the 1930s the Compagnie du chemin de fer métropolitain de Paris, which managed the development of the network, took over the running of the remaining private lines but stations retained their individual style.

(Click on any square to view the gallery)