Bare branches outlined against blue sky on a cold, crisp morning.
In summer Tweedmouth parish church is half-hidden in the shade of the churchyard trees. Built on rising ground, well above the flood tides of the river Tweed, the church of St Bartholomew and St Boisil lies in the centre of the old village. The present building is relatively recent, dating from the late 18th century. Written records show that there was already a church dedicated to St Boisil here in 1145 and local tradition suggests Boisil himself, a seventh century abbot of Melrose Abbey, may have preached on this site.